The youth ministry program offers two preparation tracks and one ceremony for middle school and high school teens.
The Confirmation ceremony for Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 is yet to be scheduled, but will take place in 2019.
Who can prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation at Our Lady of Loreto?
- Anyone who is in 6th -12th grade in August 2017 and a member of OLOL, (Non parish candidates can register mid-August, if space is available. Parents of younger students, please contact Joan Deeb at JDeeb@OurLadyofLoreto.org. or visit the Children's Ministry page. )
- Anyone who has received Baptism, First Communion and First Reconciliation.
- Someone who is an active member of the parish
- Someone who takes part in the home and parish preparation offered by the parish. Proper preparation for this Sacrament is very important, but no amount of study can take the place of the reality and power of Sacraments themselves. In Confirmation we complete our Baptism and receive even more strength and grace through the Holy Spirit. We need to learn to respond faithfully to this powerful gift. No one will be turned away from the Sacrament due to financial constraints, any donation is acceptable.
Goals of Confirmation Preparation
- Works within the parish and family
- Homework to be done by parents and candidates, you need to be active in parish life
- Focuses on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- This is not a complete catechesis of the entire Catholic faith
- Confirmation as a beginning not an end
- Confirmation is a new step in growing close to Christ; it is not a graduation ceremony
Email Brad Farmer at BFarmer@OurLadyofLoreto.org for more information.